In Switzerland, the PhD defence consists of a private exam with experts and a public exam, which open for anyone.
Imane Bayane , ex-ESR04, successfully passed the private defence (online) on Thursday 26 November 2020, at EFPL, Lausanne, Switzerland.
She worked on "NDT parameters for fatigue damage identification in structural elements".
The members of the jury were:
- Dr Miguel Fernández Ruiz, EPFL, Switzerland (President)
- Dr Alexis Kalogeropoulos, Princeton University, USA (Reviewer)
- Dr Ernst Niederleithinger, BAM, Germany (Reviewer)
- Prof. Ian F. C. Smith, EPFL, Switzerland (Reviewer)
- Prof. Eugen Brühwiler, EPFL, Switzerland (PhD Director)
Stay tuned for the public defence...