In Switzerland, the PhD defence consists of a private exam with experts and a public exam, which open for anyone.
Bartek Sawicki, ex-ESR05, successfully passed the private defence (online) on Friday 27 November 2020 at EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland.
He worked on "Fatigue of R-UHPFRC members and monitoring of fatigue actions effects".
The members of the jury were:
- Prof. Thomas Keller, EPFL, Switzerland (President)
- Prof. Jan Bien, Poland (Reviewer)
- Prof. Eleni Chatzi, ETHZ, Switzerland (Reviewer)
- Dr Francois Toutlemonde, Université Gustave Eiffel - Ifsttar, France (Reviewer)
- Prof. Eugen Brühwiler, EPFL, Switzerland (PhD Director)
Stay tuned for the public defence...